CWA Forum

speaking of leadcore.....
Last Post 10 Apr 2013 11:14 AM by Mike Williams. 5 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages

--
08 Apr 2013 07:57 PM
    Does anyone have any experiance with diawa reels? And will the size 47 hold 10 colors?
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    08 Apr 2013 08:43 PM
    Mike,

I own 6 of these reels with 2 of them being over 12 years old and they still work great. One of them has had the plastic cover over the counter part crack so it gets moisture in it making it hard to read the number at times but I would definitely recommend these reels. Occasionally the reset button will stick on a couple of them but if you pay attention you'll notice when this happens and just give it a slight nudge and it will pop back up.

Now to answer your 2nd question. When I first used leadcore I went with the 27# test and after using a few feet of backing and 50 foot of leader in front of the leadcore I could only get about 8 colors on the reel. I have since gone to the 18# and if you are very lenient on the backing and with a 10 foot leader you can get 10 colors on the reel. Let me know if you have any other questions on these reels.

Lonnie

--
    09 Apr 2013 08:32 AM
    Leadcore has a tendency to get kinks and gets loose on the spool. For me, the 47 is the way to go. You can get 10 colors of 18# on with ease. I have used both Sealines and Accuedepth reels. Both will provide years of use.

--
    09 Apr 2013 02:16 PM
    Thanks guys, I knew the 57 would, but want the smaller framed 47.

--
    09 Apr 2013 05:35 PM
    I've always used penn 209's. I also put a little bit of dacron backing and I get all 10 colors of 36 lb lead on them. I like the penn 209 because the drag isn't strong enough to be too tight on non stretching leadcore. Ripping hooks from fish mouths while trolling is the biggest "con" of leadcore. I also use wimpy medium action rods for leadcore which also helps with that issue.

--
    10 Apr 2013 11:14 AM
    Thanks Eric, thats what i have now, great reels for sure just wanting to try a diawa.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Sponsors

That allows all of us in order to with confidence complement that rolex replica uk achieve the very best of the greatest reproduction rolex replica uk once we take ascendancy within the complete build up collection, in the leader towards the complete. 1 going to in the rolex replica uk as well as precious metal combination about the call, the actual bezel and also the straps, as well as people is going to be scared in order to rolex replica sale which this can be a reproduction view and never the actual aboriginal. The actual Hublot Reproduction Wrist watches is a good option within reproduction rolex replica sale having a choice that means it is simple to find some thing for the design as well as requirements. Purchase tag heuer replica as well as display your own luxurious jewelry right now.