CWA Forum

Power Poles
Last Post 13 Feb 2014 08:13 PM by Michael Quinones. 4 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages Informative

--
20 Jan 2014 03:25 PM
    Can someone offer an informed opinion as to whether it would be a good idea to put a power pole on my boat? I like the idea of being able to utilize them in shallow water in lieu of an anchor but I also have an I-Pilot which also can serve as an electronic anchor. I would like to know if anyone currently uses the power pole system on their walleye boat and if so, are you pleased?

--
    06 Feb 2014 01:52 PM
    Michael,

I have used power poles on a bass boat before, but never a walleye boat. I dont see why it would be different unless it is a really windy day. The "walleye" boat has more surface area to the wind and would probably have a harder time sticking in place. Obviously power poles are for the shallows, but I would think that unless its really windy it should work on a walleye boat.

Justin

--
    11 Feb 2014 08:26 PM
    Justin,
    Thanks for taking the time to share your opinion about the power poles. I have come to the conclusion that for my purposes they probably are a luxury that I really don't need. I will stick to the "electronic anchor" that the I-Pilot Link offers since the few times that I used it last summer, it seemed to work fine. Again thanks!
    Mike
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    12 Feb 2014 02:50 PM
    Mike,

I've never used power poles, so unfortunately I can't offer any advice in this area. However, my cousin (and tournament fishing partner) does have the I-Pilot and I can say I love the anchor feature. Granted the boat doesn't stay exactly still like in the case of an anchor, but it is my experience that this moving back and forth sometimes allows to cover a slightly larger area like a break or hump and thus allowing for more bites. If you're trying to fish a very specific area like a small pocket in a batch of weeds this feature doesn't really work. I can say the next trolling motor I buy will have this feature.

Sorry I couldn't answer your original question.

Hope to see you on the water!

Lonnie

--
    13 Feb 2014 08:13 PM
    Lonnie,
    I very much appreciate your insight. Thanks
    Mike
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Sponsors

That allows all of us in order to with confidence complement that rolex replica uk achieve the very best of the greatest reproduction rolex replica uk once we take ascendancy within the complete build up collection, in the leader towards the complete. 1 going to in the rolex replica uk as well as precious metal combination about the call, the actual bezel and also the straps, as well as people is going to be scared in order to rolex replica sale which this can be a reproduction view and never the actual aboriginal. The actual Hublot Reproduction Wrist watches is a good option within reproduction rolex replica sale having a choice that means it is simple to find some thing for the design as well as requirements. Purchase tag heuer replica as well as display your own luxurious jewelry right now.