CWA Forum

New to the club and to walleye fishing!
Last Post 18 Sep 2013 06:19 PM by Justin Crump. 4 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages

--
16 Sep 2013 07:37 PM
    Hey everyone! My name is Justin. I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I look forward to getting the chance to meet everyone and hopefully do some fishing together. I am brand new to walleye fishing. I've caught one walleye on accident while bass fishing in Wisconsin. In Colorado, I love to fish for pike, lake trout, and wipers. In Wisconsin, I love to fish for muskies and bass. I decided to take up walleye fishing because I have a lot of great walleye lakes from what I understand, close to home. Wednesday will be my inaugural run, I will be heading to Carter Lake first thing in the morning. If anyone has any info that might help a newbie out I would appreciate it. I plan on trolling with worms on a bottom bouncer and dragging some jigs too. Thanks everyone, glad to be a part of CWA and am looking forward to contributing and helping out where I can.

Justin
    Jhertz303@live.com

--
    17 Sep 2013 09:43 PM
    Welcome Justin, you will enjoy our club! Colorado walleye fishing is a little different then the upper Midwest fish here get a lot of pressure and can be awful finicky at times. But when the bite is on and you figure out the pattern get ready! Again Welcome
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    18 Sep 2013 09:36 AM
    Justin,

Welcome to the club. If your on the water first thing in the morning(first hour or two) I would try pitching jigs or casting crankbaits (husky jerks, shad raps, etc.) to the shore along some of the points or rocky areas. After that your plan of pulling bottom bouncers or jigging sounds like a great idea. Wish I could be there with you!

Good luck and I look forward to meeting you.

Lonnie

--
    18 Sep 2013 10:37 AM
    Welcome to CWA Justin. Wish I could offer advice for Carter but I've never fished it. Your approach should be a good start. I'd consider going with crankbaits too. Good luck at Carter and hopefully we'll meet at one of our club events. Dan

--
    18 Sep 2013 06:19 PM
    I'm glad that your joining us! Walleyes can be caught just about every way around here, and it's all about finding the way that you like to catch them. It sounds like your not afraid to put some time in on the water, so you shouldn't have any problems figuring some things out. You should consider coming to the next board meeting at Bass Pro on October 8th at 6:15pm in the meeting room inside the restaurant area. We will be discussing and finalizing our tournament scheadule for next year, and it would be a good time to meet some of us and get a feel for where we are with the club! If you can make the Central Chapter meeting September 26th at the Thorton Cabela's, I'll be giving a speech on how my partner and I lucked into enough fish to do well in the tournaments this last year!

I joined the club 5 years ago and have met SEVERAL great people, many that I would call my friends! You definately get out what you put in! Hope to meet you soon!

Justin Crump
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Sponsors

That allows all of us in order to with confidence complement that rolex replica uk achieve the very best of the greatest reproduction rolex replica uk once we take ascendancy within the complete build up collection, in the leader towards the complete. 1 going to in the rolex replica uk as well as precious metal combination about the call, the actual bezel and also the straps, as well as people is going to be scared in order to rolex replica sale which this can be a reproduction view and never the actual aboriginal. The actual Hublot Reproduction Wrist watches is a good option within reproduction rolex replica sale having a choice that means it is simple to find some thing for the design as well as requirements. Purchase tag heuer replica as well as display your own luxurious jewelry right now.